Squid and Ring Pasta Salad
- 1 medium yellow squash, seeds removed, skin left on cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 8 ounces pasta, preferably little "ring" circle pasta or else rotini
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/3 cup or so mustard vinaigrette (2 teaspoons mustard, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and 1/3 cup olive oil, whisked together)
- Olive oil
- 3/4 pound cleaned squid, bodies cut into 1/4 inch rings; tentacles, split lengthwise into strips
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
Bring lots of water to a boil. Set diced squash in a sieve; plunge sieve in boiling water and blanch the squash for a minute. Remove blanched squash, pat dry and add to a mixing bowl. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente. When done, drain, refresh under cold water and pat dry.
Meanwhile add diced tomatoes to the mixing bowl with the squash and add the vinaigrette.
In a nonstick skillet add a little bit of olive oil. Add the squid and saute just for a minute or until rings turn opaque (don't cook longer than 2 minutes or they will turn tough) When they squid rings turn opaque, add the garlic, saute for a few seconds and remove from heat.
When pasta is done, drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking; dry and add to mixing bowl. Add the squid with olive oil and garlic and toss all of the ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.