Easy Salad with Creamy Roasted Tomatillo Dressing
- 6 tomatillos, rinsed and halved
- 1 jalapeno, halved
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup Mexican crema
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the tomatillos, jalapeno, and red onions on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a grind of black pepper. Place in the oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown and slightly blacken, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove all contents from the baking sheet to a food processor and allow to cool slightly before blending. Add the cumin, crema, lime juice, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Puree until smooth. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Immediately before serving, toss the dressing with the lettuce, tomatoes, and radishes.
Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello