Season 1, Episode 6
See Tune-In Times
When dinner is down to the wire or you're too tired to cook, a meal straight from the pantry is the way to go! Michael teaches us the essentials of a well stocked cupboard to make quick and impressive meals for impromptu guests. Who knew it was so easy?
Hour Before Dinner (made with guests):
- Mash anchovies and capers for puttanesca sauce
- Steam skins off of canned tomatoes for bruschetta
- Put marinara sauce, clam juice, black pepper in sauce
- Pit and chop olives and add to the sauce.
- Add mashed anchovies and capers combination to the sauce. Add fresh oregano.
- Chop steamed tomatoes for bruschetta.
- Chop prosciutto and cook on stovetop to add as bits to salad.
- Mix salad dressing: chopped tarragon, Dijon mustard, gray salt, sherry vinegar
- Make poached eggs for salad. Prepare greens.
- Make bruschetta on grill and then top with chopped tomatoes, basil & olive oil
- Make pasta
Serve salad, pasta puttanesca with bruschetta
After dinner, make espresso
Make dessert: hazelnut gelato with steamed milk, biscotti and then add hot espresso
Chiarello Vineyards Cabernet