Season 5, Episode 5
Singin the Blues
See Tune-In Times
We're pickin' and grinnin' in this fun outdoor party featuring our favorite slow cooked pork and other summer delights for a hot day of blues and barbecue. Invite the neighborhood!
Day Before Party:
- Cut, boil and cool potatoes for Roasted Potato Salad.
- Blend ingredients for Blue Cheese Compound Butter. Roll into a log and refrigerate.
- Roast cooled and dried potatoes for Roasted Potato Salad.
- Shave fennel and celery hearts for Roasted Potato Salad.
- Whisk together vinaigrette for Roasted Potato Salad.
- Layer potatoes over vinaigrette, top with fennel and celery, do not toss. Cover and refrigerate.
Morning of Party:
- Mix Roasted Garlic Rub for Slow Cooked Pork. Coat pork with rub, place in oven.
- Dissolve sugar in water to make simple syrup for Spiked Sweet Tea.
- Brew concentrated tea for Spiked Sweet Tea. Add room temperature water and simple syrup. Cover and refrigerate.
At the party:
- Pour sweet tea over ice, top with bourbon and garnish.
- Grill corn and coat with compound butter.
- Shred the pork.
- Toss the roasted potato salad.
Eat and Enjoy!