Filet Mignon with Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette, Lavender Fine Herb Goat Cheese and Butter Lettuce
- Filet Mignon:
- 1 pound filet mignon, trimmed
- Canola oil, for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- Fine Herb Goat Cheese:
- 8 ounces goat cheese, such as Bonne Bouche
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender or a mix of fresh and dried
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mild-variety honey, such as Hamptons Honey Company
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Butter lettuce leaves, for filling
For the filet mignon: Remove the filet from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Heat a charcoal or gas grill to high for direct grilling.
For the fine herb goat cheese: Mash together the cheese, parsley, chives, tarragon, lavender and black pepper in a small bowl.
For the vinaigrette: Whisk together the honey, vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl until combined. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
Grill until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides and cooked to medium-rare doneness, about 6 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and let rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes before thinly slicing
Thank you! your flag was submitted.