Smoked Salmon on Grilled Seven Grain Bread with Tomato and Dill
- 1 loaf seven grain bread, sliced on diagonal into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Canola oil, to brush bread
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Dijon Mustard, for spreading and drizzling
- Honey, for spreading and drizzling
- 2 to 3 heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, sliced paper thin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Dill fronds, for garnish
Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Brush the bread with canola oil, salt and pepper. Grill the bread until slightly charred on each side, about 30 seconds per side. Remove the bread to a cutting board and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl.
Schmear the bread with honey mustard and put sliced tomato on each slice of bread. Drizzle with honey mustard and top with a few slices of smoked salmon. Add another drizzle of honey mustard and top with black pepper and a sprig of dill. Whisk together a few tablespoons of lemon juice and a few tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil and drizzle over the tops. Garnish with dill fronds.
Per Serving (based on a 4-serving yield): Calories 521; Total Fat 16 grams; Saturated Fat 2 grams; Protein 20 grams; Total Carbohydrate 75 grams; Sugar: 23 grams; Fiber 7 grams; Cholesterol 13 milligrams; Sodium 1325 milligrams
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay