Cream of Carrot Soup with Fresh Ginger
- 7 cups chicken, or vegetable stock
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, peeled
- 3 leeks, sliced in half lengthwise and thoroughly cleaned
- 1 yam, peeled
- 4 stalks celery
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pint heavy cream (optional)
In a large pot, bring stock to a boil.
While stock is heating, chop all vegetables into small pieces (approximately 1/2-inch cubes).
Add Sauteed vegetables to stock, reduce heat, cover with a lid, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add salt and pepper.
To serve, reheat, ladle into bowls, then drizzle 1 tablespoon of cream into each bowl. Serve in warmed bowls.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup with Cheesy-Garlic Croutons, Cream of Parsnip Soup with Potato Crisps and Bacon, Cream of Asparagus Soup, Shrimp Creole Recipes, Butternut Squash Soup Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Chicken Soup Recipes, Lobster Bisque Recipes, Pumpkin Soup Recipes