Cheddar Topped Scallops:
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup baby leeks, chopped
- 2 to 3 sprigs thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons sour dough bread crumbs
- 4 scallops
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
- 1 tablespoon baby coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon roasted shallots
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Sauce, recipe follows
- 1 large leaf mustard lettuce, chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Begin by whipping the butter in a mixer. Add baby leeks, thyme, and cheddar, and then continue mixing for another 30 seconds. Chop the pine nuts and bread crumbs together.
Place the scallops on a small baking sheet. Add a tablespoon of the cheddar butter on each scallop, then lightly top with bread crumbs.
Bake in the oven for about 6 minutes until golden brown.
To plate, place the lettuce in the center of the plate, while arranging the cheddar topped scallops around the plate. Top with the herb salad in the center.
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine all ingredients.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.