- 1 pound baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, cut in strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 portobello mushroom cap, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, cut in rings
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola
- Salt and pepper
Trim, wash and dry the spinach thoroughly and place in a salad bowl.
Coat a saute pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and put over medium heat. Fry the prosciutto and garlic for a minute to flavor the oil, and then add the mushrooms and onions. Saute the mushrooms and onions until they are slightly brown and tender, about 3 minutes.
Scrape the mixture on top of the spinach, return the pan to the stove. Add balsamic vinegar and scrape up the bits at the bottom of the pan. Add remaining oil and honey. Swirl pan around for a minute to warm the vinaigrette.