Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced, plus 3 tablespoons
- chopped celery leaves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 limes
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 hass avocados, diced
- 1 5 -ounce package baby kale salad mix (about 8 cups)
- 1 small bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high.
Make the dressing. Combine the mayonnaise, celery leaves, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl. Grate in the zest of 1 lime and squeeze in the juice.
Toss the shrimp with the vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl. Arrange the shrimp on the grill and cook until pink and just firm, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the bowl with the dressing; squeeze in the juice of the remaining 1/2 lime.
Add the sliced celery, avocados, salad mix and radishes to the bowl with the shrimp; toss to coat. Top with the remaining 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
Photograph by Justin Walker