Curried White Bean Dip
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packed cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- Zest of 1/2 large lemon
- Whole Wheat Pita Chips, recipe follows
- Whole Wheat Pita Chips
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a food processor, combine the beans, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic and lemon zest. Blend until smooth. Season with salt.
Pour the dip into a serving bowl and serve with Whole Wheat Pita Chips alongside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut each pita bread into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and bake until crisp and golden, 12 to 15 minutes.