Sweet and Sour Cucumbers
- 1 3/4 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, plus 2 tablespoons, thinly sliced
- 2 serrano pepper, seeded, and sliced into half moons
- 2 English cucumbers, ends trimmed and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced on a mandoline
In medium saucepan over high heat, combine the vinegar, salt, sugar, the crushed garlic clove and 1 serrano pepper. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat off and allow to cool.
Put the cucumbers and red onions in a large, nonmetallic serving bowl with remaining serrano pepper and the thinly sliced garlic and toss to combine.
When the vinegar mixture has cooled, strain it into a small bowl and pour it over the vegetables. Stir to coat the vegetables with the vinegar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Sweet Chile Cucumber Pickles, Sweet and Sour Onions---Cipolline Agrodolce, Sweet and Sour BBQ Chicken Sliders with Pickled Chinese Cabbage and Carrots, Arugula, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Spanish Rice Recipes, Roasted Vegetable Recipes, Mashed Potato Recipes, Kale Chips Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.