Iceberg Prairie Salad with Smoky Green Chile Ranch Dressing
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 yellow tomatoes, quartered (may use 4 cherry tomatoes, cut in half)
- 20 oil-cured black olives, pitted
- 4 large radishes, sliced
- Smoky Green Chile Ranch Dressing, recipe follows
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Pile equal amounts of lettuce in the center of 4 bowls. Top each salad with the tomatoes, olives, and radish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each salad, and sprinkle with the scallion. Serve.Smoky Green Chile Ranch Dressing:
1 cup low-carb ranch dressing (recommended: no more than 1 carb per 2 tablespoons)
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
2 teaspoons chipotle pepper sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
Yield: about 12 servings
Thank you! your flag was submitted.