- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and half-inch diced
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges)
- 3/4 cup good cider vinegar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon whole dried mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
Combine the apples, onion, ginger, orange juice, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard seeds, pepper flakes and salt and in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to simmer and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Take off the heat and add the raisins.
Set aside to cool and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.