Seared Tuna with Mango Salsa
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil, plus extra for searing
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion (2 onions)
- 2 teaspoons peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, seeded, and small diced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeno pepper, to taste (1 pepper)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint leaves
- 2 tuna steaks
Saute the olive oil, onions, and ginger in a large saute pan over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the mangos, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 more minutes. Add the orange juice, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and jalapeno; cook for 10 more minutes, until orange juice is reduced, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and add the mint. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Heat a saute pan over high heat for 5 minutes until very hot. Season the tuna liberally with salt and pepper. When the pan is very hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and then the tuna steaks. Sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the outside is browned, but the inside is very rare.
Serve the tuna on top of the mango salsa.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Seared Tuna with Lemon-Wasabi Dressing and Hot Mustard Wonton Chips, Seared Tuna with Napa Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Fried Wontons, Herb-Seared Tuna with Caponata and Warm Lemon Creme Fraiche, Easy Mexican, Easy Roasting, Heart Healthy Recipes, Banana, Baked Salmon Recipes, Pineapples
Thank you! your flag was submitted.