- 6 (1-ounce) shots of espresso, regular or decaf
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 cups ice
- 4 scoops vanilla or coffee ice cream
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, such as Pernigotti
- Short straws, for serving
Combine the espresso, sugar, vanilla, and hot water in a blender and stir until the sugar dissolves. Put the ice in the blender and process on high until the mixture is almost completely smooth. Divide the mixture among 4 short glasses.
Place the ice cream in a microwave on high for 15 seconds, until softened. Scoop one ball of ice cream into each glass. With a small sifter, sprinkle each drink lightly with cocoa powder. Serve with a short straw and a teaspoon.