Linguine with Crab, Radicchio, and Garlic
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh crab meat
- 1/2 head radicchio, shredded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat the oil until smoking. Add the shallots, garlic, and chiles and saute until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, then add the butter, and remove from heat. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, until just al dente, and drain.
Add the drained pasta to the pan with the wine mixture and return pan to heat. Add crab, radicchio, and scallion and toss until radicchio is wilted, about 1 minute. Pour into a warm serving bowl and serve.
Recipe copyright 2001, Mario Batali. All Rights Reserved.