- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce can) crushed tomatoes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound dry sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound linguini
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
Add the olive oil to a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and saute until tender and fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add the white wine and the crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add the shrimp and scallops, cover, and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
Drain the pasta and add directly to the skillet and toss with the pasta and seafood. Serve sprinkled with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.