This burger is topped with buttery blue cheese, spicy arugula and sweet-n-spicy onions. It's a combo that can't be beat, but it can be matched. Check out the pasta salad below.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Splash water
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- A handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Cambazola blue cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty rolls, split, lightly toasted
- 2 handfuls arugula leaves, coarsely chopped
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add onions, season with salt and pepper and cook until caramelized and sweet, about 20 minutes. Stir sugar and water into onions then add mustard, combine and turn off heat.
Combine meat with garlic, Worcestershire, parsley, salt and pepper, form 4 patties thinner at the center and thicker at the edges for even cooking. Also, the burgers will bulge as they cook, this will give the cooked burgers an even thickness. Cook patties 8 minutes turning once for medium doneness, 1 to 2 minutes less for rare patties, 1 to 2 minutes more for burgers that are medium well. In the last minute of cooking time, top burgers with a few slices of Cambozola blue.
Place burgers on bun bottoms and top with some arugula and mustard glazed onions, set tops in place.