Frisee with French Beans and Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 head frisee
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons jarred chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon jarred sliced ginger
- 1/2 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 (4.25-ounce) can cream of coconut (recommended: Coco Lopez)
- 1 (18-ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 (8.5-ounce) jar hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Thaw green beans in a colander and pat dry to remove excess water. Clean frisee and cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
In a food processor, add the jalapeno, garlic, ginger and scallions. Process and add the sesame oil to form a paste. Transfer paste to a large bowl and whisk in cream of coconut. Whisk in peanut butter; gradually whisk in water until consistency is a smooth, thick sauce. Whisk in hoisin, soy sauce and cilantro. This recipe will make more dressing than you need for the salad; reserve extra dressing in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for other uses.
Toss green beans and frisee and with enough dressing to coat. Garnish with roasted peanuts. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell