Thai Melon Salad
- 3 garlic cloves, pureed
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 or more serrano chiles to taste, stems removed and thinly sliced with seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped kaffir lime leaves or 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp
- 1/2 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 6 cups assorted melon cubes, in 1/2-inch cubes, each variety separated
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Dressing: Mix garlic, palm or brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, chiles, and lime leaves in a bowl. Roughly chop shrimp and peanuts by hand or in a food processor and add to garlic mixture. (The dressing can be made in advance and stored up to 3 days in the refrigerator.)
To serve, arrange each variety of melon cubes in alternating rows on a platter or in individual bowls. Spoon dressing over melon in a strip and garnish with cilantro. Serve chilled.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.