1. Preheat oven according to directions on package. Coat a 13-inch by 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Using the can of pears, pound the pecans (in its package or in a baggie) until they resemble a fine chop and set the nuts aside.
3. Combine the cake mix, pears and its syrup, eggs, water, and oil in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat according to package directions. (Note, the pears will breakdown and become smooth while beating.) Pour batter into the cake pan.
4. Bake 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
5. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the cake. Top with the nuts. Place cake in cake pan on cooling rack and cool completely.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!