Asian Lollipop Lamb Chops
- Lamb Chops:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 8 to 12 lamb chops (2 to 3 per person)
- Creamy Fusilli Pasta:
- One 12-ounce bag fusilli pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and julienned
- 6 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and ground pepper
For the lamb chops: Combine the brown sugar, garlic, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger, chili pepper, Chinese five spice and salt to taste. Massage into the lamb chops for 5 to 10 minutes, and then let marinate 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
For the pasta: Cook the fusilli pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. Cook the garlic for 1 minute without browning, and then add the zucchini and carrots. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the drained pasta and cook for another minute. Add the heavy cream, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Just before serving, add the cilantro, Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
Heat the broiler and broil the chops to the doneness of your liking, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Serve 2 or 3 chops over each serving of pasta.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.