Chicken and Crunchy Slaw in Endive Leaves
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 small fennel bulb
- 1/8 of a small red cabbage (about 3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken breast, finely shredded or chopped to yield 1 cup of meat
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Belgian endive spears, leaves separated
For the slaw: Using a food processor fitted with a shredding attachment, finely shred the cabbage, carrot and fennel. In a medium bowl, combine the carrot, fennel, cabbage, chives, cranberries and chicken.
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, maple syrup, salt and pepper until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
Spoon the filling into the endive leaves and serve.