Kale and Gorgonzola Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces double-smoked bacon, cut into 1/3-inch pieces
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and finely shredded
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stems removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 head Belgian endive, shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon and olive oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
For the salad: In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the crisped bacon onto a paper-towel-lined plate. Set aside to drain.
Place the Brussels sprouts, kale, endive, bacon and almonds in a salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss together. Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
Cook's Note: To toast the almonds, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri