Black-Eyed Pea Salad
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, canola oil, sugar, and salt and pepper.
Toss all together and let marinate for at up to 8 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys, 2008