- 1 small to medium acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 leeks, rinsed and chopped
- 5 (5-ounce) skinless chicken breast halves (with or without bone)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the garnish:
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
Place squash and sweet potatoes and leeks in the slow cooker. Season chicken all over with salt and black pepper and place on top of vegetables in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine orange marmalade and remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve 4 of the chicken breast halves with squash and potatoes on the side and extra sauce spooned over top (reserve remaining chicken for pizza). Top with parsley and rosemary just before serving.