- 1/2 cup julienne cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh scallions
- 1/2 cup julienne red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 3/4 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 6 medium caps)
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked udon noodles
Combine the cucumber, scallions, and red bell pepper in a medium bowl and refrigerate.
In a medium non-stick saute pan, lightly cook carrots and mushrooms in a medium pan with the sesame seeds, adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time. Continue to cook until carrots and mushrooms are tender. Cool. Add to cucumber mixture and keep refrigerated.
Combine all ingredients for dressing and mix well. Toss with vegetables and noodles.
Calories: 130 calories per serving Fat: 5 gm per serving