- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch thick slices
Place vinegar in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil in a thin stream. Stir in the chives, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Arrange the tomatoes, onion, and avocado in an overlapping pattern on serving plate. Pour dressing on top.