Special equipment: 24 paper cupcake liners Cupcake pans 2 sheet pans Wax paper Microwave-safe bowl
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line the cupcake pans with the paper cupcake liners.
3. Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions. Pour the cake mix into the lined cupcake pans, and bake for approximately 18-21 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
4. While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the butterfly wings. Line the two sheet pans with wax paper. Transfer 1 cup of vanilla frosting to a microwave-safe bowl; heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, stirring occasionally, until the texture of slightly whipped cream. Dip the pretzels in the warmed vanilla frosting until they're almost covered. Dab off any excess frosting, and then sprinkle with the pink decorating sugar before the icing sets. Transfer to the lined sheet pans; set aside and let cool completely.
5. Tint 1 can of vanilla frosting green; spread it on top of the cooled cupcakes. Refrigerate until the frosting is set.
6. Using the photo as your guide, decorate the cupcakes as follows:
7. Cover the top with green M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies on the outside edge of each cupcake.
8. Press the small tips of the pretzels on top of the cupcakes for wings.
9. Place one M&M'S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies for the head.
10. Arrange a line of same-color M&M'S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies for the body.
11. Cut the licorice laces and place them as antennae.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!