1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare chicken by removing giblets and excess fat from cavity.
3. Dry thoroughly with paper towel.
4. Tuck the wing tips under the body.
5. Sprinkle cavity with Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb.
6. Lift skin from the breast by placing your hand under skin and breast and gently lifting skin.
7. Sprinkle breast meat with Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend.
8. Place skin gently on top of seasoning.
9. Place onion slices on bottom of a heavy duty roasting pan. Place chicken on top of onion slices and pour orange juice over skin.
10. Place chicken in oven and roast until skin is a deep golden brown and crisp and the juices run clear, about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
11. Remove chicken from oven and transfer to cutting board.
12. Skim off fat in roasting pan.
13. Add chicken stock and stir to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
14. Cook until liquid is reduced and thickened.
15. Press onions to extract any juices and strain gravy.
16. Carve chicken and serve with sauce.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!