Season 1, Episode 11
Summer Surplus Celebration
See Tune-In Times
Got too many tomatoes? We've got just as many ways to fix them. Its use 'em or lose 'em time as Michael hosts this fun cook along party. Guests bring their extra crops and cook up enough for everyone to stock their freezers. At the end of the day - the annual tomato fight!
Morning of Party:
- Blanche, peel, strain seeds and excess juices from tomatoes, puree and refrigerate setting aside the strained juice.
2 Hour Before Party:
- Prepare tiella, and put in oven to bake
- Assemble basil ice cream, replace in freezer until ready to serve.
1 Hour Before Party:
- Used strained tomato water to assemble and serve Mozzarella Martini with Fresh Tomato consommé.
- Season steak
- Grill and mix together the Salsa Cruda
- Grill steak and bread.
- Assemble steak on top of bread and top with Salsa Cruda before serving.
Garguilo Vineyard Pinot Grigio; Stonefly Vineyards Cabernet Franc