11. Salty-Sweet Crispy Treats Melt 1/2 stick butter in a saucepan; add one 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows and stir until smooth. Stir in 3 cups each crisp rice cereal and broken thin pretzel sticks. Press into a buttered 9-by-13-inch pan. Let set, then cut into bars.
12. Magic Bars Melt 1/2 stick butter in a saucepan; add 4 cups mini marshmallows and stir until smooth. Roughly chop 1 sleeve graham crackers and add to the pan along with 1 cup each mini marshmallows, chopped pecans, shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Press into a buttered 9-by-13-inch pan. Let set, then cut into bars.
13. Mexican Chocolate Tarts Mix 3/4 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch each of salt and cayenne. Spoon into small cup-shaped tortilla chips; top with whipped cream and more cinnamon.
14. English Pudding Petits Fours Mix 1/2 cup each mascarpone and confectioners’ sugar with 1 tablespoon dry sherry. Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; top each with mascarpone and a raspberry.
15. Brandied Kumquat Cakes Simmer 2 cups kumquats and 1/2 cup each brandy and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat until syrupy, about 15 minutes. Cut pound cake into 1-inch cubes; top each with a kumquat and skewer with a toothpick. Let stand 5 minutes so the syrup soaks in.
16. Dulce de Leche Petits Fours Slice a thawed frozen pound cake (crusts removed) lengthwise 1/4 inch thick. Stack 3 slices with dulce de leche in between. Repeat with the remaining pound cake. Cut into triangles; dip 1 side of each in melted white chocolate and dust with cocoa powder. Chill until set.
17. Cherry-Pistachio Petits Fours Make Dulce de Leche Petits Fours (No. 16), replacing the dulce de leche with cherry preserves. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios instead of cocoa powder.
18. Chocolate Butter Wafers Melt 4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate and spread on round butter crackers (such as Ritz); top with chopped pistachios and chopped dried apricots.
19. Chocolate Vanilla Wafers Melt 4 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate and spread on vanilla wafers; top with toasted pepitas, sliced almonds and dried cranberries.
20. Chocolate-Raspberry Wreaths Melt 4 ounces chopped white chocolate; dip the bottoms of 2 pints raspberries in the chocolate and arrange around the edge of round sugar cookies. Drizzle with more melted white chocolate. Chill until set.