- 2 ripe avocados, like Hass, Bacon, Zutano, or Gwen (ripe means it indents easily with the firm press of a finger)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves (stems discarded before measuring), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 scallions ( green onions), finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (may be replaced with cayenne pepper)
- 8 flour tortillas
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Halve the avocados lengthwise, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of the skin.
Add all the ingredients, except the tortillas, to a bowl. Blend with a fork until the mixture is just slightly lumpy.
To make flame-like tortilla chips for garnish, cut flour tortillas into wavy triangles shapes, then bake on a cookie sheet until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Bob Blumer