Basic Pantry 101
While a good shopping list is the key to a quick and painless trip to the supermarket, a well-stocked pantry is the best way to ensure that you'll have most of what you'll need to cook once you get home.
Oils, Vinegars and Condiments
- Oils: canola oil, extra-virgin olive oil, toasted sesame
- Vinegars: balsamic, distilled white, red wine, rice
- Dijon mustard
- Soy sauce
- Chili paste
- Hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- Black peppercorns
- Dried herbs and spices: bay leaves, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, cumin, ground coriander, oregano, paprika, rosemary, thyme leaves, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, ginger, nutmeg
- Spice blends: chili powder, curry powder, Italian seasoning
- Vanilla extract
Canned Goods and Bottled Items
- Canned beans: black, cannellini, chickpeas, kidney
- Peanut butter
- Preserves or jelly
- Low-sodium stock or broth
- Canned tomatoes
- Tomatoes, canned and paste
- Tuna fish
Grains and Legumes
- Breadcrumbs: regular, panko
- Dried lentils
- Pasta: regular, whole wheat
- Rolled oats
- One other dried grain: try barley, millet, quinoa or wheatberries
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Cheese: sharp cheddar, feta, Parmesan, mozzarella
- Large eggs
- Plain yogurt
- Corn tortillas
- Frozen fruit: blackberries, blueberries, peaches, strawberries
- Frozen vegetables: broccoli, bell pepper and onion mix, corn, edamame, peas, spinach
- Onions (red, yellow)
- Dried fruit: raisins, apples, apricots
- Nuts or seeds: almonds, peanuts, sunflower
Attention Shoppers! Here are all the newest products you can stock up on the next time you visit the grocery store.
Make the most of your grill this summer with 10 must-have tools.
Get creative with a store-bought salad kit, tortillas and all your favorite taco fixings.
Make the most out of your next trip to the dollar store.
Get dinner on the table quick with appliances and cookware up to the task.
Save your grocery bill by doing some shopping at these stores that are all about affordability.
Finish out the season with just one bag of groceries and these easy ways to transform pasta for dinner.
Get the clutter under control once and for all.
We asked butchers across the country for their secrets on saving money at the meat counter.
Our latest series on the Food Network Kitchen app helps you get dinner done — plus, we’ve got a special offer from Target.