1) Place a scoop of grits in a small shallow bowl and top with shrimp mixture.
2) Garnish with green onions.
1) For bacon - Chop bacon into 1/4? strips and fry until almost crispy in a large stock pot.
2) Add diced red & green bell pepper, diced onion, and minced garlic and cook until softened about 8-10 minutes.
3) Stir in Cajun seasoning and paprika and cook until fragrant - about 2 minutes.
4) Add Kona BBQ sauce and chicken stock and cook until flavors come together - about 5 minutes.
5) Stir in shrimp and cook until bright pink about 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pineapple chunks and lemon juice.
6) For Grits - Add water and chicken stock to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
7) Stir in 1 cup of grits and cook according to package directions.
8) When grits are finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in cream, coconut, smoked Gouda, and butter.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 8 servings
Water 2 cups
Chicken Stock 3 cups
Shredded Unsweetened Coconut 1/2 cup
Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
Quick Grits 1 cup
Butter 4 tablespoons
Shredded Smoked Gouda 1 cup
Salt and Black Pepper To taste
1) For Grits - Add water and chicken stock to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
2) Stir in 1 cup of grits and cook according to package directions.
3) When grits are finished cooking, remove from heat and stir in cream, coconut, smoked gouda, and butter.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 8 servings
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
Cookware & Cooking Gadgets:
Herbs & Spices:
Copyright 2017 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!