Top 5 Tips
1. Pre-made spaghetti and pizza sauces are discouraged due to their high sugar content, but tomato paste or sauce in a can without added sugar is allowed. Just remember to always read the labels!
2. Once the spaghetti squash starts to resemble strings, it is ready. Take out immediately and put in an ice water bath to stop the cooking process. If not, you'll end up with squash squash, not spaghetti squash.
3. The spaghetti primavera has 8 net carbs per serving, but don't worry about the carbs. Spaghetti squash is full of fiber and everyone needs that!
4. Each cannoli serving is 7 net carbs, but you can always trim your carb count by dividing into six servings and then you'll have 5 net carbs per serving.
5. Fresh fruit is allowed on a low carb diet as long as you pick the right fruit. Honeydw, cantaloupe, strawberries, and blueberries are all great choices.