1 medium tomato stem removed, sliced
1 pound 90 percent lean ground beef
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1½ tablespoons barbecue sauce
1½ tablespoons chili powder
2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light Dressing
4 whole wheat pitas split
1. Preheat the grill or broiler.
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, barbecue sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and onion powder, and mix with clean hands until well blended.
3. In a small bowl, mix the dressing and mustard together until smooth.
4. Divide the beef mixture evenly into four ¼-pound burgers. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on each side over medium coals for medium doneness.
5. Place the pitas on the grill for 2 minutes or just until warmed through.
6. Serve the burgers tucked inside each pita and topped with the tomato, lettuce and a generous serving of the dressing.
Thanks for checking out the new Food Network recipe page! Please provide feedback on what you like or dislike.Take a Survey
Not digging it? 😥 Go back to the old look.
Get inspired with our best summer appetizers like crab dip, salsa, nachos and more from Food Network.
Round out your perfect picnic or cookout with summer side dish recipes for pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw and more from your favorite chefs at Food Network.
Serve up a tasty treat this summer with our favorite summer desserts, including tarts, shortcake and ice cream, from your favorite chefs at Food Network.