1. Spread a large piece of foil on a work surface. Heat a large skillet over high heat until very hot. Place one tortilla in skillet and cook until slightly charred and puffy, about 15 seconds per side. Transfer to foil and repeat with remaining tortillas. Wrap tortillas in foil and keep warm.
2. Whisk eggs and salt together in a large bowl. Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat until it just begins to smoke. Add eggs and stir until large, firm curds form, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
3. Place an even amount of eggs and avocado in center of each tortilla and top each with 1 tablespoon of salsa. Fold one edge of each tortilla over filling; fold in sides and roll toward open end to form into packages. Serve with additional salsa.
1. Position rack in upper shelf of oven and preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan with foil and arrange tomatillos, onion, and garlic in a single layer. Broil vegetables, turning occasionally, until soft and evenly charred, about 12 minutes. Remove from broiler and let cool.
2. Squeeze garlic cloves out of their skins and puree pulp, onions, and chipotle chiles in a blender until smooth. Add tomatillos, and their juices, and pulse to a chunky consistency. Add cilantro, salt, and sugar and pulse to combine.
3. Transfer salsa to a bowl and let sit at room temperature until flavors meld, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!