¼ cup (50 g) wheat berries or ½ cup (60 g) whole wheat flour
¼ cup (28 g) wheat germ
½ cup (70 g) raw almonds
1 cup (155 g) rolled oats
1 medium to large apple, seeded, cubed or 1 1/8 cups (210 g) unsweetened applesauce
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons (45 ml) honey or agave nectar
½ cup (60 g) dried cranberries or cherries
1. Place wheat berries, wheat germ, almonds, and oats into the Vitamix Dry Grains container and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase to speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 30 seconds. Turn machine off. Pour out into bowl.
5. Place apple into the Vitamix Dry Grains container and secure lid.
6. Select Variable 1.
7. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
8. Use the tamper to press the apple into the blades.
9. Blend for 35-40 seconds or until consistency of applesauce.
10. Pour into bowl with dry ingredients. Add salt, cinnamon, vanilla, honey, and cranberries to mixture.
11. Mix gently by hand to combine. Spread into greased 8-inch x 8-inch (20cm x 20cm) pan.
12. Bake for 25 minutes in a 350°F (180°C) oven. If using wheat berries, blend for 45-60 seconds in step 4.
Thanks for checking out the new Food Network recipe page! Please provide feedback on what you like or dislike.Take a Survey
Not digging it? 😥 Go back to the old look.
Get inspired with our best summer appetizers like crab dip, salsa, nachos and more from Food Network.
Round out your perfect picnic or cookout with summer side dish recipes for pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw and more from your favorite chefs at Food Network.
Serve up a tasty treat this summer with our favorite summer desserts, including tarts, shortcake and ice cream, from your favorite chefs at Food Network.