Special equipment: 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 20 minutes
1. In a small heavy skillet, combine the cashews and coriander seeds and place over medium heat. Cook, shaking the skillet frequently, until the cashews are lightly browned and the coriander is fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
2. In a food processor, combine the toasted cashews, coriander, shallots, garlic, ginger, sambal, fish sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice; process until almost smooth.
3. Slice the beef against the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices. Thread the beef onto the skewers. Coat the beef with the cashew mixture, cover, and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
4. Prepare a grill for high heat cooking. Brush the grill grate with oil. Grill the skewers, turning once, until the beef is browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve over Pickled Cucumber Salad with lime wedges.
1. Toast the coriander seeds in small hot pan over medium heat until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Combine the toasted coriander with the vinegar, sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, and chile in a large shallow pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook 5 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and add the cucumbers and carrots; let sit, covered, 20 minutes. Drain the cucumber and carrot mixture.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved