1. Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep, heavy pan until oil reaches a temperature of 350 degrees F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Beat egg in separate bowl.
3. When oil comes up to temperature, dip Vlasic® Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips in egg and then in flour mixture and add to oil. Cook until golden brown, flipping over while cooking, about 2 minutes.
4. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
5. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil into a separate cast iron or fry pan and heat until oil shimmers. Add burger to pan.
6. While burger is cooking, add bun, cut side down, to fry pan. Heat until grilled, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove.
7. Cook burger to desired doneness and turn off heat. Lay American cheese on burger and cover pan until melted.
8. On bottom of bun, layer lettuce, tomato and burger. Top with ranch dressing, fried pickles and top of bun.
9. Serve additional fried pickles on the side.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!