1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 4 (8-ounce) ramekins and lightly coat with breadcrumbs.
2. Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the water until soft. Remove the tomatoes and coarsely chop. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and soaking water, and add the breadcrumbs. Set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, followed by the onions. Cook until brown, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated, about 15 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl to cool.
4. Add the breadcrumb mixture and the grated cheese to the vegetables and mix well with your hands. Evenly distribute the mixture among the coated ramekins. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, then run a knife around the edges of the ramekins.
5. Toss the spinach in a hot skillet just until wilted and divide among 4 serving plates. Invert the meatloaf onto the spinach. Serve immediately.
Copyright 2011 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!