Special equipment: Pizza peel and pizza stone (or pizza pan)
1. Place a pizza stone (if using) in a cold oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Bring 1 quart of salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan and fill a large bowl with water and ice. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then immediately drain the asparagus and drop them into the ice water to stop the cooking. Drain again when cool.
3. When all the ingredients are ready, roll the dough into a 10.5-inch round. Build the pizza in this order: sauce, crab, mozzarella, asparagus, roasted pepper. Add some freshly cracked pepper.
4. Bake the pizza for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Shave the Parmesan onto the pizza, slice it, and serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon and green onion, and half of the lemon zest.
1. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes to create a roux. Lower the heat to medium, add the garlic, cayenne, ancho chile, nutmeg, cracked pepper, and paprika and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in the cream, whisking constantly until the mixture is thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Adapted from "Guy Fieri Food: Cookin' It, Livin' It, Lovin' It" by Guy Fieri (c) HarperCollins Publishers 2011. Provided courtesy of Guy Fieri. All rights reserved.
Check Out Our
Get a sneak-peek of the new Food Network recipe page and give us your feedback.See it Now!