6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, or crushed chocolate wafers or shortbread cookies
2 tablespoons sugar
Pinch fine salt
2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
6 large eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Fresh berries for serving, optional
1. Preheat to 325 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and keep hot.
2. Toss butter together with crumbs, sugar and salt and press into bottom of pan. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool. Wrap bottom and sides of pan with aluminum foil and place in a large roasting pan.
3. Beat cream cheese using a mixer set at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream, followed by eggs, vanilla, and zests until just combined. Pour into cooled crust.
4. Set cheesecake in roasting pan, on middle shelf of oven. Pour hot water into pan to reach halfway up side of springform pan. Bake until outside of cake is set but center is still loose, about 1 hour. Turn oven off and open door for 5 seconds to let out some heat. Close oven door and let cheesecake sit in oven until cooked through, about 1 more hour.
5. Transfer cheesecake from roasting pan to a cooling rack; run a knife around pan and cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours. Bring cheesecake to room temperature and release from pan. Slice with a warm knife. Serve with berries, if desired.
Thanks for checking out the new Food Network recipe page! Please provide feedback on what you like or dislike.Take a Survey
Not digging it? 😥 Go back to the old look.
Get inspired with our best summer appetizers like crab dip, salsa, nachos and more from Food Network.
Round out your perfect picnic or cookout with summer side dish recipes for pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw and more from your favorite chefs at Food Network.
Serve up a tasty treat this summer with our favorite summer desserts, including tarts, shortcake and ice cream, from your favorite chefs at Food Network.