Samsung's Flex Duo Oven (NE595R1) with the Smart Divider™ is key to these one-bite appetizers. With the ability for the spacious 5.9 cu. ft.single oven to split into two ovens to cook two different items at two different temperatures at the same time, with no mingling of flavors, cranberries poach at a low temperature while meatballs roast at a high one. The results are nicely browned meatballs paired with gently poached tart-sweet cranberries.
1. Preheat one oven to 475 degrees F, with a rack in the top and bottom, and the other to 300 degrees F. Line 2 half-sheet pans with parchment paper.
2. In a small ovenproof saucepan, stir together the sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the cranberries, orange zest, and 2 tablespoons honey. Cover and transfer to the 300 degrees F oven. Poach until the cranberries are plumped and warm but have not burst, about 30 minutes. Discard the orange zest.
3. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and a generous pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
4. In a large bowl, stir together the bread crumbs and half and half until well mixed, then stir in the egg, remaining tablespoon honey, and shallot mixture. Add the ground meat and a very generous pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and use your hands to mix thoroughly.
5. Use a tablespoon to portion the mixture into small meatballs and set them on the prepared pans, spacing 1 inch apart. Roast until browned and cooked through, about 20 minutes, switching the pans halfway through.
6. Use decorative cocktail toothpicks to skewer together 1 meatball and 1 cranberries. Spoon the cranberry cooking liquid over the skewers, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.
Tools You May Need
Tools You May Need
Price and stock may change after publish date, and we may make money off