1 cup coconut milk
1/2 red onion, diced
2 tablespoons minced ginger
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3/4 cup Truvia® natural sweetener spoonable*
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 fresh lime, juice and zest
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
*or 41 packets Truvia® natural sweetener
2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
1 bunch fresh cilantro (stems included)
1. Put the mangoes, cilantro, Truvia® natural sweetener, hot sauce, vinegar, coconut milk, onion, ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest and oil in a food processor and puree until smooth; add some water if too thick. Add salt and pepper to taste. You should have about 1 quart of marinade. Divide it in half.
2. Place the chicken and half the mango mixture in a plastic bag and rub to coat the chicken with the mango puree. Refrigerate at least 6 to 8 hours to marinate.
3. Put the other half of the mango mixture into a small saucepan with the water and simmer over low heat until thick, up to 20 minutes.
4. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Spray grill with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Remove the chicken from marinade, season with salt and pepper, and begin to grill slowly. Turn heat down to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, basting chicken constantly with remaining marinade. Discard marinade that was in contact with raw chicken; for the last 10 minutes of cooking, use only the stove sauce to baste the chicken. Cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
5. Spoon some of the remaining marinade over the chicken as a sauce if needed.
Thanks for checking out the new Food Network recipe page! Please provide feedback on what you like or dislike.Take a Survey
Not digging it? 😥 Go back to the old look.
Get inspired with our best summer appetizers like crab dip, salsa, nachos and more from Food Network.
Round out your perfect picnic or cookout with summer side dish recipes for pasta salad, potato salad, coleslaw and more from your favorite chefs at Food Network.
Serve up a tasty treat this summer with our favorite summer desserts, including tarts, shortcake and ice cream, from your favorite chefs at Food Network.