Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries (recommended: Craisins)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir until well blended.
Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter and drop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie with the back of the tablespoon. Repeat until sheet is full, being careful not to crowd. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
Cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
To make a cookie-frozen yogurt sandwich, place 1 small scoop of fat-free frozen yogurt on a cookie and top with a second cookie.
Recipe courtesy of Juan-Carlos Cruz
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman