Best 5 Scalloped Potato Recipes
Easter is just a few weeks away, and while you may already know that a crowd-pleasing ham or juicy lamb chops will be the star of your spread, it's time to focus on the all-important side dishes to round out the meal. Both simple to prepare with everyday ingredients and endlessly family friendly, scalloped potatoes are a holiday staple, and whether you stick with a classic rendition featuring cheese and cream, or dress them up with fresh vegetables or meat, they're sure to wow guests this spring. Check out Food Network's top-five scalloped potato recipes below from The Pioneer Woman, Bobby, Tyler and more Food Network chefs to find out how they serve this tried-and-true indulgence.
5. Scalloped Potatoes and Ham — Follow Ree's lead and beef up big-batch scalloped potatoes by layering diced ham among thinly sliced russets and creamy Monterey Jack cheese.
4. Scalloped Potatoes with Tomatoes and Bell Peppers — After quickly broiling the fresh vegetables to bring out their natural sweetness, tomatoes, peppers and onions are baked in a rich potato casserole with a breadcrumb-Gruyere topping for an added crunchy texture and a nutty flavor.
3. Four-Cheese Scalloped Potatoes — The ultimate in cheesy decadence, this simple side is made with a mixture of buttery, tangy cheeses — mozzarella, Asiago, Comte and Parmesan — and can be on the table in less than an hour. It's best to let the dish rest for a few minutes once you take it out of the oven so the cheeses don't ooze out when you cut into the potatoes.
2. Smoked Chile Scalloped Sweet Potatoes — Bobby swaps in golden sweet spuds in place of traditional white potatoes as the centerpiece of his casserole, which features a warm, smoky flavor from chipotle pepper puree.
1. Scalloped Potato Gratin — With a five-star rating and nearly 500 fan reviews, Tyler's go-to gratin (pictured above) is flavored with a garlic-herb cream sauce and boasts a blanket of Parmesan cheese. Click the play button on the video below to watch him make it.