1) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and add the onions garlic, and jalapeno, saute until soft.
2) Then add all the rest of the ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer, and cook for 35-45 minutes.
3) Rub the ribs with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Place them in the center of a large piece of aluminum foil, and wrap them up. Make sure to secure the sides well but keeping the foil around the ribs loose.
4) Roast the ribs in the foil either on the grill or in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
5) Carefully remove the ribs from the foil and baste them with the simmered sauce. Grill or broil the ribs for about 4 minutes per side, basting to encrust flavor. Slice and serve.